This episode kicks off a four-part series looking at meaningful edtech innovation through the lens of CareerViewXR and the STOP principles of the Yass Prize.
Today, Ross Romano, host of The Authority Podcast
, speaks with Matt Chausee. Matt is the CEO of Be More Colorful, an immersive media production studio whose platform, CareerViewXR, provides students and adult career seekers across the country with an unprecedented opportunity to experience real-world careers through virtual reality technology.
Be More Colorful was recently selected from a field of over 2,000 applicants to be one of 33 Semifinalists for the Yass Prize.
This conversation covers:
- How Be More Colorful got started, and how CareerViewXR adapted during the pandemic.
- How schools use CareerViewXR in the classroom
- How Be More Colorful got involved with the Yass Prize
- Overview of STOP principles — Sustainable, Transformational, Outstanding, Permissionless
- Sustainability: how CareerViewXR aligns
- Helping schools find funding for immersive media
- Other Yass Prize semifinalists doing standout sustainability work: Detroit Achievement Academy, Families Empowered, Lutheran Urban Mission Initiative, Inc. (LUMIN), National Fellowship for Black and Latino Male Educators, Odyssey, Odyssey Charter School, OnYourMark Education, West Virginia Academy
Listen to the four-part conversation across the Be Podcast Network:
About the guest:
Matt Chaussee is the CEO of Be More Colorful
, a midwest-based immersive media production studio whose platform, CareerViewXR, is rapidly gaining national attention. Matt, along with his wife (and company owner) Katie, lead an innovative team of creatives who are laser focused on making career exploration affordable, accessible, and fun! CareerViewXR provides students and adult career seekers across the country with an unprecedented opportunity to experience real-world careers through virtual reality technology. Recently selected from a field of over 2,000 applicants to be one of 33 Semifinalists for the prestigious Yass Prize, Matt will discuss the significance of the award, and how he sees tools like CareerViewXR transforming how we guide students on their educational journey.
About the host
Ross Romano is a co-founder of the Be Podcast Network and CEO of September Strategies
, a coaching and consulting firm that helps organizations and high-performing leaders in the K-12 education industry communicate their vision and make strategic decisions that lead to long-term success. Connect on Twitter @RossBRomano